Connect through SSH to your device!
SSHDroidPro is a SSH server implementation for Android.
This application will let you to connect to your device from a PC and execute commands (like "terminal" and "adb shell") or copy/edit files (through SFTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck, etc...).
Root is optional but not required to run this application.
- File Transfer: WinSCP (http://winscp.net).
- Remote Shell: PuTTY (http://goo.gl/XbTF)
- File Transfer: natively supported by most file managers (like Nautilus or Dolphin), just enter the sftp address displayed as "Location".
- Remote Shell: run 'ssh' from the terminal.
- File Transfer: Cyberduck (http://cyberduck.ch).
- Remote Shell: run 'ssh' from the terminal
q: Why my transfer speed decrease when I turn off the screen?
a: Enable the option 'Lock Wifi'. If your device is running at least Android 2.3.x, you should get full speed transfer even when the screen is off, otherwise enable the option 'Lock screen' too.
q: How can I use a shared key with Putty/Winscp?
a: You have to generate a key from the application in OpenSSH format and use Puttygen to import/convert it in ppk format. A recent version of Puttygen (>= 0.61) is required!
Like this app? Please rate 5 stars so that it can be improved, thanks!
Tags: ssh sftp terminal remote shell adb